The weather has been so perfect and sunny lately and all it's made me want to eat are summery-type foods.  I've also been really into Asian flavors, so I've incorporated them into every single meal I've made.  ha!


We're dairy-free over here and generally dislike any dairy replacers (almond milk being the exception) but sometimes we have a craving for something creamy.  I like to use tofu as a replacer for my creamy sauces. There are tons of conflicting information on the benefits/harm of soy, so I use it sparingly, and ALWAYS organic. I'm really annoying and make everything to taste. So, all you'll get are a general list of ingredients. Sorry!

First up is this broccoli salad. It is so delicious.

Broccoli (I used 3 full heads) blanched. (Steam until bright green, drop into cold water)
2-3 carrots, shredded.
Edamame (about 1 cup)
1/2 a bell pepper, chopped (I had yellow, red would work too!)
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup of cooked, and chilled, quinoa
a few tablespoons of crushed nuts (i've used peanut and cashew, both were great)

For the creamy sauce:
1/2 a block of extra firm tofu
2-3 cloves of garlic (we LOVE garlic)
1/4 sweet onion
a squirt or two of sriracha or any other hot sauce
toasted sesame oil
rice wine vinegar
salt & pepper
BLEND ALL TOGETHER.  Pour over broccoli salad. ENJOY!

It seems like a lot of ingredients, but it's really all I had on hand.  It's so delicious and healthy! I'm always shocked by how much of it M can eat!




Next up I have a bean salad. It has a lot of the same ingredients as the broccoli salad.  Super easy to make and delicious!

1 can of each (preferably BPA free cans, Trader Joe's canned beans are BPA free! yay!) - rinsed and drained:
Black beans
Garbanzo beans
Kidney beans
1 cup of cooked quinoa, chilled
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1/3 cup edamame
1/3 cup frozen corn
1 avocado
3 cloves of garlic, minced
toasted sesame oil
rice wine vinegar
salt & pepper.

Mix all together and ENJOY! 



xo

1 comments:

Pin It button on image hover